The Best Inexpensive Night Vision Scope hands down are the
ATN X-SIGHT 4K PRO 3-14X rifle scopes!
Price: $699.00 on Brownells
Best Price: $659.00 on Amazon
In this article we will go over:
- Why it’s the best
- What makes it so inexpensive
The Best Inexpensive Night Vision Scope
Firstly, this scope is not just a night vision scope. It can be used during the day as well.
For those who don’t know traditional night vision scopes can be damaged by bright light like the sun.
As a result, this scope can be left on your rifle and use at anytime!
Secondly, it features ATN’s Revolutionary Ultra HD Day/Night Sensor gives you an incredibly crisp picture from any distance.
- Thirdly, this is the 1st ever digital scope with over 18 hrs of continuous battery power.
- You can hunt, record, and stream all at the same time!
- Most importantly, it has a recoil activated video.
- Built-in rangefinder allows no more guesswork in distance or having additional range finder.
All these features make this the best inexpensive night vision scope!
What Makes ATN A Stand Out Company
Firstly, they entered the marketplace in 1995 and already a leader in the industry.
Secondly, for night vision and thermal, there was not really anyone focused on making products for the civilian sector.
Most importantly, not anything reasonable in price.
As a result, ATN found a hole that needed to be filled with great products that do the job in some cases 1/4 of the price as competitors.
ATN works with experts and customers to keep evolving their products to solve problems with existing products on the market.
What Makes It So Inexpensive
The source for the information was found at https://www.nightvision.com.au/
“The general rule here is: digital is cheaper to produce.
Charge-Coupled Device (CCD) image sensors are used in this scope.
CCD image sensors are cheaper to produce than image intensifying tubes.
Digital units are therefore a more cost-effective product to make.
Unfortunately, this is what influences the stigma of buying digital.
It is easy to assume that a cheaper product represents poorer quality.
The truth, however, is not so black and white (and green).
It is easier to produce digital units, and so the lowest cost digital unit would probably be poorer quality.”
Digital VS. Traditional
Here are some pros and cons of both systems.
- Works during the day
- Ability to be recorded
- IR illuminators can reflect of bushes
- Some digital can show faint light showing position
- Usually more crisp picture
- More “natural view”
- Easier to spot things through scope
- Longer range usually
- Not suited for civilian use
- Extremely expensive
- Obscured with fog, smoke, and dust
ATN Night Vision Features:
ATN has done a great job including most of everything you will need right out of the box.
As a result, it makes it simple to get started using the product.
From my experience, you never get everything you need when buying things.
For instance, you might buy a scope but it won’t come with the rings you need.
Another instance is you buy a tactical flashlight that doesn’t come with a pocket clip.
- Spin to Zoom Wheel
- Standard ring
- Ring with Picatinny rail
- L-shape ring
- ONE-SHOT ZERO
- Built-in rangefinder
- Ballistic Calculator built-in
- Smart mil-dot reticle
- Sun Shade
- 2 standard rings
- IR850 Illuminator
- L Shaped Ring
- Ring with Picatinny rail
- USB-C cable
- Scope Cover
- Lens Cleaner
- Magnification- 3-14x 5-20x
- Field of view at 1000 yds- 460 ft (9°) 240 ft (5°)
- Sensor ATN 4K M265 Sensor, 3864 (H) x 2218 (V) Core ATN Obsidian IV Dual Core System
- Resolution- 600 lp/mm
- Micro-Display- 1280×720 HD
- Display Eye relief- 90 mm
- Video Record Resolution- 1080p @ 30/60/120** fps
- Ballistic Calculator- Yes
- WiFi (Streaming, Gallery, & Controls) iOS & Android Bluetooth- Yes
- 3D Gyroscope- Yes
- 3D Accelerometer- Yes
- E-Barometer- Yes
- Smart Rangefinder- Yes
- Recoil Activated Video- Yes
- Electronic Compass- Yes
- Smooth Zoom- Yes
- Night Vision Mode- Yes
- Reticles- Multiple Patterns & Color Options
- Microphone- Yes
- Micro SD card- 4 to 64 Gb Micro USB, type C Yes
- Mount 30mm Standard Rings (included)
- IR Illuminator Included Battery life (Li-ion)- 18 + hrs Battery type Internal Lithium
- Ion Battery Waterproof rating / IP rating Weather resistant
- Smart Mil-Dot Value Range- 1.0-10.0
- Operating Temperature -20°F to +120°F / -28°C to 48°C
- Dimensions (body only)- 13.8″x3″x3″/ 350x76x76 mm 14.9″x3″x3″/ 379x76x76 mm
- Weight- 2.1 lb / 0.94 kg 2.2 lb / 1.01 kg
- Warranty- 2 years
- Does this scope come with the illuminator? Yes, it does.
- Does this come with a battery and charger for the illuminator? No, it does not!
- Does this scope come with a scope base and or rings? It comes with 30mm scope rings.
- Is it safe to assume the IR is included since it is a day/night scope? Yes, it does include an IR light.
What Are Reviewers Saying
Here are some pros and cons from reviewers of this scope:
- Great Price
- Easy to adjust
- Quality construction
- 2 year warranty
- Ballistic Calculator
- Built in rangefinder
- Need to update firmware with unit
- Has a learning curve to use
Most importantly, out of all our research on this scope all reviewers said they would recommend to a friend.
The best inexpensive night vision scope hands down is the
ATN X-SIGHT 4K PRO 3-14X rifle scope!
It’s packed with features for the user and it can be used during the day and at night.
It does what it’s supposed to do and even records.
If you would like more information or purchase you can view the ATN website by clicking here!
If you’re thinking about buying a conceal carry weapon (CCW) or a gun safe for your vehicle, here are 5 reasons why you should get the best conceal carry insurance. U.S. Law Shield is one of...
Those knowledgeable and most importantly trained with conceal carry knives know this fact. They can be very effective at inflicting a lot of damage in close quarters if you have the proper...